Saturday, November 24, 2007

Tagged!

I've been tagged! Thanks to Heather of Tango Pirates and Absinthe (http://tangopirates.blogspot.com/) and Sage, of MENTAL (http://mental-fashion.blogspot.com/). Sorry guys, I haven't quite mastered the art of links yet. Anyway, 7 interesting things about myself? Let's see....

1. The first outfit I remember really loving was from the first grade. It was actually tres chic! It was a white t-shirt, black fleece miniskirt, some type of black vest, white maryjanes and the best part, black tights with large white polka dots on them.
2. I am a self-confesssed francophile, and president of my school's french club. Sadly enough, I have never been to France, but I am hoping to participate in an exchange this summer.
3. The magazine that first got me into fashion was teen vogue. I still have my first issue, it was the March 2005 one with Emmy Rossum on the cover. I read it cover to cover on my trip to California over April vacation of 8th grade. Although I have now cultivated a love for more offbeat mags like Paris Vogue, Lula etc, Teen Vogue still has a special place in my heart and I still read it cover to cover every month.
4. I have two goldfish, named Sergeant Pepper and Princess Grace. They are pretty darn awesome.
5. My little sister is almost six years younger than me. I do have lots of typical "oldest child" behavior, such as assertiveness, more of a take charge attitude than my lil sis, and I'm really good at talking to adults.
6. I'm a very good listener. People say I can seem a bit of an enigma because they end up telling me their life stories, and they really don't find much out about me in the process.
7. I'm a total cinephile. Right now I'm really into european film from the 60's. Hitchcock is another perennial favorite, as are plenty of italian guys, Antonioni and Fellini, and surrealists (Bunuel).
8. Oops, I went over by one! But anyways, I am hoping to study communications/journalism/broadcast journalism in college, and hope to work in those fields when I grow up.
So now you know! The girl behind the pseudonym... Haha.

I feel like so many bloggers have been tagged by this already... so if you haven't been tagged, and you read Sleuth, consider yourself tagged!

12 comments:

Lauren said...

i love your 8!
i read teen vogue cover to cover every month too! my first issue was november 2005 - i got it for car ride for thanksgiving - and have been a devotee ever since:)

Unknown said...

Great 8, haha, rhyme. Your goldfish have awesome names! I'm studying journalism right now, but a liberal arts kind where we basically just take a lot of classes on pop culture. I wish I could go to France too!

alluretone said...

i wish i could speak french! i was actually thinking about teaching myself, but seems unlikely.

Ana said...

i wish i could speak french-but I've been taking spanish since kindergarten....oh well...I guess I just have to content myself with going to Paris over the summer. prettiest city ever.

want to trade links?

Eva. said...

i want another post!!! plz??

Eva. said...

yay!

Erica said...

Aw man I always wanted goldfish! I love Lula too; it's so good.

I might consider myself tagged if I can come up with 8...

ellastica said...

teenVOGUE is great (often times more creative than Wintour's Vogue), altho i have to say Vogue Italia is my favorite!
I was obsessed with Nancy Drew from 1st grade on in grade school.
my boyfriend and i plan on honeymooning in Paris. i can't wait. in the mean time,
i should brush up, the 3 years of French as an adolescent didn't quite stick!
btw nifty little blog you have here!

Z said...

grand 8 ! la france est mon endroit prefere dans ce monde entier, autrement que la maison bien sur. l'etude a l'etranger, je vraiment reccomend il. mon equipement premierement aime etait le deuxieme equipement de ballet de degre-mon. je calme l'a haha.

heureux 2008

toujours


cordie


ps désolé si mon français est terrible =]

indigomast said...

interesting stuff
I want to go into journalism too :)

NonchalantMod said...

teen vogue was also the magazine that got me into fashion!! it was a huge one and i bought it for a long trip..lovely blog.

Lucy said...

That was my first Teen Vogue too!! I still love to read it every month.