Friday, November 9, 2007

How to Get Nancy's Party Look


This Halloween, I dressed up as Ingrid Bergman circa Casablanca. However, I was shocked and dismayed to find that the only red lipstick I own is pretty old, and with mud undertones, as opposed to the traditional blue and purple.
Last week my mother came home from CVS with some great L'oreal red lipstick in True Red. If you have the funds however, rouge allure is always the best. The "CHANEL" stamped on the side is priceless.
Nancy seems like the kind of girl who wears pink lipstick by day, and red by night. That is also my lipstick philosophy.

I found this dress on Anthropologie, and it seems like a modern version of one of Nancy's cocktail dresses. She stuck to lighter colors generally, but this bold orange is to die for.

Add a pair of nude heels, and you're out the door as soon as Ned swings by to pick you up.

16 comments:

Kat said...

Wow, great idea for a costume:-) I would love, love, love chanel lipstick; pure glamour.

Tru said...

there's something about those nude heels that just screams wonderful

Life's a Wardrobe said...

Love those heels ...

Jackie said...

That dress is so LBD modernized.

And those heels are just so =]

Patent Shoes && Rants said...

I really hate traditional heels. It makes me think people are outdated or too boring to do anything bold. Or you know, not trendy. But I fell in love with those nude pumps. Something about the patent leather, perhaps. (No pun intended since my blog name is PS&R.

xoxoxoxoxo

Flavia Flanders said...

i love red!!..
molly*

alexgirl said...

Great Halloween costume. And I like that Anthropologie dress. I am obsessed with dresses at the moment.
I'm loving your blog!!!

Michelle said...

love redlipstick, with nude heels too!

discotheque confusion said...

wow, thats such an original person to dress up as! Very chic.

Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

Oh that dress is so pretty

C.

- said...

love those heels...right now i´m really into classic heels, just forget about weird platforms and strage designs.

Lauren said...

thanks for checking out my blog! im loving yours! and i want that camera u have so bad - it does look dreamy :)

Ellie Lee said...

wow!! wht a fan of nancy drew!! the dress is such a lovely color and nude heels are the best!!! totally worn my out!! haha!

Alysha said...

I just wanted to let you know that i linked you.
kisses~Iz

s.i. michaels said...

Love that orange dress. So retro.

Queen of Preen said...

Lovely blog! I love the lipstick.